About Me

Maddie is currently living in Nashville, TN. pursuing a psychology degree with an art minor. She is an adventure and portrait photographer, and creates clothing, home goods, and enjoys hand lettering. Her inspiration is drawn from her Chicago roots and her many years spent in the north woods. The world is her canvas and you can find her traveling to refresh hope in those who have lost theirs.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Fried Zucchini



Calamari Zukes
     They are not really fried. They are baked. I am sure that everyone will love this! My younger brother actually asks me to make this. They taste like garlic bread to me. I usually make this when my aunt has an overflow of zucchini in the garden. I love that. When you can take fresh vegetables, home grown, nothing artificial about them, and use them that day. 
     Also, zucchini is so versatile. I usually take the left over unbreaded zucchini and dip it in creamy balsamic dressing. 
     I used a mandolin to slice the zucchini so that they would bake evenly. If you do not have one or a food processor, then cut them by hand! 


Ingredients: 
About 2 normal sized zucchinis
1 Cup almond Meal (bread crumbs or crushed cracker can be used: gluten free or not)
1 cup of Shredded Cheese (I used goats milk hard cheese. Feel free to accommodate your
    taste)
2 Tbs of Garlic Herbs 
1 Tbs Sea Salt


1. Slice the zucchini.

2. Place almond meal and cheese in separate bowls.
3. Add the herbs and salt into the almond meal. Stir till combined.
4. Spray the zucchini with canola oil
5. Dip the sprayed piece of zucchini into the cheese, then into the breadcrumbs.
 ----If you are having trouble getting the cheese and crumbs to stick, dip the zucchini into olive oil then dip into the cheese and crumbs.------
6. Place zucchini onto a sprayed pan and place into the oven for ten minutes.
7. Flip the zucchini and bake for another seven minutes
8. Broil the zucchini for 2 minute to crisp it up.

1 comment: