About Me

Maddie is currently living in Nashville, TN. pursuing a psychology degree with an art minor. She is an adventure and portrait photographer, and creates clothing, home goods, and enjoys hand lettering. Her inspiration is drawn from her Chicago roots and her many years spent in the north woods. The world is her canvas and you can find her traveling to refresh hope in those who have lost theirs.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Raw Corn Chips

   Man, do I love this recipe! It's very addicting. These raw corn chips will satisfy any salty carb craving you have, while giving you the raw bonus. I started making these while I volunteered at a local raw vegan cafe. Of course I put my own spin on things, so this is my version. It has a slight kick, and a big crunch. They are perfect!
   Sorry for those of you who do not have a dehyderator. I am still in the process of creating an oven version (though it will not be raw), but my attempts have not gone too well!!
  If you still are confused about why raw is better check out my raw post under health tips and keeping fit. Also, food matters, food inc., rawmazing.com, and choosingraw.com have great explantations that go into great detail!! I encourage you to check them out. You will be blown away by all the benefits!

Ingredients:
1 Can of Raw Corn or 1/2 frozen bag
1/2 Cup of Water
3 Tbs Nutritional Yeast
2 Tsp Salt
2 Tsp Cumin
1 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes

Directions:
1. Place all ingredients in a blender.
2. Once combined pour onto a dehydrator sheet. Spread out into a THIN layer. As thing as possible, so you get the most crunch!
3. Set the temp on 145 degrees for 45 minutes, then drop down to 110 for 10-12 hours or until desired crunch.
4. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment